Wednesday, October 5, 2011

iPhone 4S is NOT iPhone 4GS

1st Generation: iPhone, 2nd Generation: iPhone 3G (because of the new 3G network technology), 3rd Generation: iPhone 3GS (Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that S means speed), 4th Generation: iPhone 4. NOT 4G, cause it's a 3G phone, not a 4G phone. If you want to say that G stands for Generation, fine, then 3G should be 2G and 3GS should be 3G. 5th Generation: iPhone 4S. S should mean it's faster than it's predecessor, the iPhone 4. From 3G to 4S, we are stuck at 3G network. I wonder when will 4G-network-ready iPhones be available. But since it's all 3G, we really shouldn't call 4 4G or 4S 4GS. Just don't make sense. Surprisingly today, I saw an active member of the jailbreak community make that mistake. If such an expert don't even know, then I guess there's no way layman like myself would get it.

No comments: