Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jane - iPhone 4 - The "not so good."

恭維夠了以後 來說一些我比較不喜歡的事情
Enough with the praises, let's talk about some of the things that I am not so fond of.

1. 胖手指症狀
    Fat finger issue
好吧,可能只是我的問題
OK, it might be just me

可是我真的常常覺得很難用我的胖手指操作
But I really often feel hard to operate with my fat fingers

諷刺的是,我的手指真的不太胖
The irony is, my fingers are not really fat.

或許我只是需要一點時間習慣吧
Maybe I just need some time to get use to it

2. 收訊問題
    Reception issue
我同意這個 iPhone 4 Antenna Song講到一些點
I do agree some of the points that this iPhone 4 Antenna Song mentioned.

可是即使通話不會斷 下載與上傳速度依然會受到影響
But even the calls don't drop, the download/upload speed is still affected.

而且這問題即使有了手機套也不是完全消失 雖然會大幅度改善(我看過測試影片 可視線再找不到了)
And the issue doesn't go completely away with cases, though it will be a lot better. (I saw a test video, but I couldn't find it anymore)

當然你可以說"不喜歡就不要買"
Of course you can say "If you don't like it, don't buy it"

可是即使有這些問題 還是會有想要iPhone的一些其他原因(像是應用程式)
But even with all these issue, there will be some other reasons for people to still want iPhone (like the apps)

"那為什麼不乾脆買3GS呢?" 有人可能會問
"Then why don't you buy 3GS instead?" one might ask.

因為iPhone 4比較快,有前方視訊鏡頭,比較好看(我個人意見)...等
Because iPhone 4 is faster, has a front cam, better looking (my personal opinion)...etc.

對iPhone 4有所期待的人 當然會希望可以沒有這些問題 讓他們有個愉快的購買經驗
For people that awaited the iPhone 4, they would definitely hope there weren't these issues so they have a joyful purchasing experience

要求他們不要抱怨可能有點太過了,死忠apple迷們
It might be a bit over to ask them not to complain, fan boys

很多人說,右撇子不會受影響
A lot of people say, right-handed persons should not be affected.

我要說,右撇子才更會受影響
I am gonna say, right-handed people are affected more actually

因為我用右手操作的原因,我在做很多事情,尤其是上網的時候,其實是用左手抓
Because I operate with my right hand, I often, especially when surfing the internet, I actually grab it with my left hand

而我真的可以很輕易的讓我的收訊降到0格
And I can easily make my reception drop to zero bar

在上網的時候 這樣真的有些不方便
It is a bit inconvenient when surfing the internet

即使我用右手抓,有時還是會減弱收訊
Even when I grab it with my right hand, sometimes it still reduces the reception

不過不至於嚴重到通話斷訊
But it's not as bad as to drop calls

還好Apple提供免費的手機套,可以減輕這樣的問題
Good that Apple provide free cases that does reduce the problem

雖然還是可能小幅度的影響網路速度 但你還是可以刻意不那樣抓手機
Although it might still affect internet speed, you can always consciously steer away the antenna while grabing your phone

對我來說 等我收到我的bumper case之後 這問題不算大
For me, after I get my bumper case, I won't consider it a big problem

總的來說,我還是寧願選擇這些免費的Apps 即使我偶爾需要注意我的握法
In the end, I still rather have access to all these free apps, even occasionally I need to beware how I hold my phone.

3. 電池
    Battery
我不太懂為什麼iPhone要設計成不能換電池
I don't quite understand why Apple designs the iPhones that you can't change the battery

一個功能強大的PDA手機 耗電是很快的
A powerful  PDA phone drain the battery pretty quick.

我一直以來的習慣都是擁有兩個以上的電池跟電池充電器 以在我用手機的時候 還能充另一顆電池
My habit is to have 2 or more batteries and a battery charger so I  can charge the other battery while I use my phone

我們都知道 一邊充電一邊使用或是常常不讓電池用完就充很容易讓電池折壽
We all know that charging while using or often charge without draining the battery entirely can easily reduce the battery's life

可是沒辦法換電池又常常得插到電腦上同步 這真的是無法避免
But these are inevitable when you can't change the battery and often need to plug it into your computer to sync.

不知道當我的電池壽命短到我受不了的時候 可不可以拿到Apple的店去換新電池
I wonder if I can bring it to the apple store and change to a new battery when my battery life is so short that I can't take it.

4. 沒鍵盤
    No physical keyboard
好吧,我承認這不能完全算是缺點
OK, I have to admit this isn't really a disadvantage

這跟我的胖手指有點關係,很可能也只是我不習慣而已
This has a lot to do with my fat finger, and it's probably because I am just not used to it yet.

而且我知道如果要有鍵盤螢幕可能不會那麼大 或者手機可能不能那麼薄
And I know if there were a keyboard, the screen might have to be smaller or the phone would not be as thin

我的上一隻手機 有實體鍵盤
My last phone has physical keyboard.

我要打電話的時候,都直接按電話號碼或人的名字 下面就開始出現符合的號碼
When I need to make a call, I can just dial the number or the person's name and it starts showing the numbers that

用iPhone的話,就需要先開啟聯絡人 然後按搜尋 然後打名字 找到人以後 找我要打的號碼
With iPhone, I need to open contacts, tap search, then can I type the name of my contact, find the contact, then find the number that I want to call

這很難用言語形容那個速度的差別 需要親身體驗才能明白
It's hard to describe the difference of the time it takes with words, it has to be experience.

也可能我只是不習慣敲螢幕半天沒反應罷了
Still, maybe I am just not used to "knocking" on the screen with no response

5.
我開始寫這兩篇關於iPhone 4的post之前,以為我會寫的缺點多於優點
Before I started writing these two posts about iPhone 4, I thought I would write more dislikes than likes

不過看來對我來說還是優點多於缺點 (如果只看數量的話)
But it seems like it has more advantages than disadvantages to me (if considering only the number of points listed)

這最後一個 只是個很小的點罷了.....
The last one is just a tini tiny little thing but....

你看得到耳機上面那個字嗎?
Can you see the word on the headset?

是的,是"China"
Yes, it's "China"

這什麼東西啦! 為什麼不寫"Apple" 或根本什麼都不要寫? 寫個"China"幹嘛
What the.... why isn't it "Apple" or nothing at all? Why in the world would you put a "China" there?



我還是喜歡我的新iPhone 4
Well, in the end, I still like my new iPhone 4

把一個漂亮的東西握在手裡 感覺滿好的
It feels good to hold a beautiful thing in my hand. :P

Friday, July 30, 2010

Jane - iPhone 4 - The good.

昨天收到我的新手機
Received my new phone yesterday.

一直無法聚焦在手機上 fail to focus on the phone...

之前就已經聽過很多對iPhone 4正面與負面的評價了
I've heard a lot of both positive and negative comments.

我是不會說iPhone 4多完美 因為我知道它並不完美
I am not gonna say iPhone 4 is perfect, cause I know it's not.

但是我也不會說它很爛 因為如果是這樣的話 也不會這麼多人搶破頭了
But I also won't say it really sucks, because if that's true, people won't be lining up for it.

讓我來說說它讓我喜歡與不喜歡的點
Here I am gonna list some of my likes and dislikes for it.

喜歡的:
Likes:

1. 外型好看
    Neat look.
從外包裝到手機, 傳輸線, 充電器, 耳機,都是Apple一貫的形象:新潮的樣子
From the package, iPhone, USB cable, charger to ear-buds, all the items look fashionable like how Apple's product always do.

我是有聽過一兩個朋友說還是比較喜歡原本3GS的圓弧造型
I did hear one or two friends talked about being more fond of the curvy look of 3GS.

不過我自己是比較喜歡iPhone 4的方正外型
But I myself prefer iPhone 4's more squarish look.

2.螢幕顯示
   Screen display
iPhone 4 的螢幕是出了名的清楚 高畫質的表現 完全沒話說
iPhone 4's display is famous for it's clearness. The performance of the high-resolution display is unquestionable.

3. 應用程式
    Apps
我會下手買iPhone的主要原因,就是為了那一大堆的apps,尤其很多都不是免費就是很便宜。
The main reason I am getting an iPhone is for the tons of applications available, mostly are free or at a low price.

知道快要收到的時候,我就馬上去下載了一堆的apps.
As soon as I knew that I was gonna receive it soon, I went downloading a lot of apps right away.

現在我的iTunes裡面已經有八十幾個apps了  (雖然真正裝在手機上用的沒幾個)
Now I already have 80 some apps in my iTunes.(though only a few got installed on the iPhone)

其中只有兩個是真的有付錢的 剩下的都是免費的
Amount those, only two are really paid-for. The rest are all free.


現在不是全部都需要 只是留著以備不時之需
I don't really need them all right now, just to save up for a rainy day.

4. 速度
    Speed
跟我目前用過的PDA手機比起來 它的速度相當快
Compared to the PDA phones I have used before, it is very fast.

以前的手機都常常會讓我覺得有卡住的感覺 iPhone卻不會
The phones I used before often made me feel that it's stuck. But iPhone doesn't.

5. 鎖
    Lock.
我喜歡每次關螢幕以後 它就自動鎖了螢幕
I like the fact that it automatically lock the screen every time I turn it off.

我會這樣說是因為我上一隻就不會這樣
The reason why I mention this is that my last phone doesn't do the same.

我上一隻手機,只要把螢幕關起來,按鍵就對它沒作用
For my last phone, as long as I turn off the screen, keyboard is also off.

可是只要有人傳簡訊或打電話來,放在口袋裡的手機就會被按來按去了
But as long as someone texts or calls, the cell phone would start receiving crazy commands by my pocket.

iPhone的話,任何通知都只會顯示在螢幕上,可是不會隨意解鎖
With iPhone, the notifications only show on the screen, but the lock is still there.

我太睏了...待續...
I am too sleepy... to be continued....

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jane - Apple Bxxxh?

AT&T出其不意的提早結束了我的合約,所以我就下手買了iphone 4 (當然我還是需要等一陣子才能收到)
AT&T unexpectedly ended my contract early for me, so I purchased the new iphone 4 (Of course I still have to wait for it.)


所以這表示我是Apple fan了嗎? 不是
Does it mean that I am an Apple fan now? No, it doesn't.

這篇文章同樣也不表示我反對Apple
The post also doesn't mean I am against Apple either.

我還是會繼續用windows一陣子同時也會擁有iphone。我有我的理由。
Well, I am still gonna use windows for awhile and I am going to own an iphone too and I have my reason.

為什麼我要用比較不穩定的windows然後有收訊問題的iphone?
Why is it that I choose to use windows when it's not very stable and choose iphone when it has reception issue?

答案是:軟體。
The answer is applications.

就像我在這篇文章說的, 找尋Mac可用的(免費)軟體真的沒那麼容易。
Like what I said in the other post, it is not as easy to find (free) software or applications for Mac.

雖然有人爭辯說:"其實mac好用的軟體也蠻好找的 但多半都是錦上添花 因為真正需要的功能 大部分都已經在原本的系統裡面包含了",可是...

Even though some argued that the functions really needed are already there and good software is actually easy to find, but...

對我來說就是不怎麼容易找。
Well, it's just not easy to find for me.

我希望這位爭辯的先生能幫我的朋友找他們需要的免費軟體,因為我找不到。
I wish the person that argued can help my friends find the free software they need, cause I can't.

(拜託不要以為所有你需要的功能就可以涵蓋所有其他人的需要)
(Please don't just assume all the functions you need will cover everyone else's need too.)

用windows mobile, 我其實也可以找到絕大部分我需要的軟體。
For windows mobile, I can actually find most of the application I need.

可是,用iphone的話,那又更容易了。
But, with iphone, it's just so much easier.

你只需要去一個地方找軟體,而且很多不是免費就是很便宜。
You only need to go to one place for the applications and a lot of them are either free or very cheap.

而且,很多軟體其實不是真正"需要",可是能免費擁有實在太好了。
Also, some of the applications you don't really NEED, but it is so nice to have them for free.

所以我選擇的理由就這麼簡單。
The reason behind my choices is that simple.

我想我大概並沒有真的很在乎操作系統。
I guess I don't really care about OS that much.

我只是想要很多免費軟體而已! (真是十分摳門...)
I just want to have access to tons of applications for free! (I sound so cheap...)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Spike - 膽小鬼連拍 Such a chicken

超~~~久沒有更新啦!
It's been a looooong time since I last post anything.

我的爛藉口一堆,但其中一個是相機。
I have a lot of lousy excuses, but one of them is my camera.

一直以來,因為Spike怕光的關係,我都拍不出好相片。
Because of Spike's fear of light, I hadn't been able to take any decent picture of him.

我甚至還考慮換一個在室內、低光源的情況下表現較好的相機。
 I even considered getting another camera that has better low-light performance.

我知道要在低光源下照相,需要調整ISO值。可是我之前一直以為我的相機沒有那些手動的選項。
I know that I need to change the ISO setting in order to take better picture under low-light condition. But I always thought that my camera doesn't have those manual option.

可是在我下手買新相機之前,我卻找到了調整custom setting(這中文是什麼阿?@@)的方法。
But before I really empty my pocket to get a new camera, I stumbled upon the way to change the custom settings.

所以今天趁著有點空 (其實也沒什麼空 只是很想試試看) 就拿Spike來實驗
So since I have a little time today (actually, not really. But I just wanted to try), I decide to experiment on Spike.

我只能說: 真是個膽小鬼!!
I can only say: Such a CHICKEN!!

趴趴刺

偷看~

安撫一下

阿 有好吃的蟲

"你偷拍 我怕怕"

極度不耐ing

縮成一團

嗅 嗅

"好像還有好吃的"

偷偷摸摸...

吃飯多連拍

"等等..."

"有些不對勁"

"你在偷拍!"

"哼"

"不給拍!"

一次上傳超多... 其實我只是在試相機設定
uploaded so many at once... actually I was just trying my camera setting.

還好數位相機沒有浪費底片的問題
Fortunately, with digital camera, there is no film wasted.