Thursday, October 8, 2009

Spike - Over 2 month Old

I don't know what topic to use so I randomly chose one.
Haven't blog about Spike for a while now cause I have been busy and lazy.
Several points to update: (man, is this the engineer way of writing a blog or what)

He's gotten bigger now.
I spent some time with him after work everyday and I remembered one day I just suddenly felt that he's big. Several days ago when I was looking for a pot (or a "Whistling Tea Kettle" if you will), I saw this scale for measuring weight of food (or spices?) in the kitchen. I was too excited since I had been looking for a weighing scale that suits Spike and there it was in front of me. I bought it without thinking (and ended up returning it the next day). Came home all excited and couldn't wait to measure Spike's weight. It was a dial scale with graduation to 1/4 of 100g (so, 25g). Spike seems to be 200+3/4*(100)=275g. That scared me. He was 185 when we went to the vet. Now it's only about 2 weeks later and he's almost doubled up? After inquiring someone else's opinion, he's probably just at his "growth stage". Now when I calm down and look at him again, he doesn't really seem that fat to me. I am just being very protective that's all.


He doesn't poo in his bed now.
I guess I shouldn't feed him uncooked veggie? I really don't know. But he doesn't poo in his bed anymore and that's a great improvement. I think I can officially claim him as being successfully potty trained. I guess he probably didn't really need to be trained. I am probably the one who needs to be trained. Here are the changes I made (as I was being potty-training-trained):
1. I took the professional opinion and put his bed at one end and the food in the middle. 2. Since he poos on the wheel and like to poo under the wheel too, I decided to put the potty box under his wheel (which is also recommended by another hedgie owner on his website.)

This is the first successful version. (oh... my lousy picture taking skill...)
His sleeping bag is my TEAM BUZZ T-shirt now...

This is an upgraded version. I bought him a wooden house. The same T-shirt is in the house. There is also a piece of sand paper taped in the middle there (grade: 100. I don't think this will hurt his little feet. I mean, he walks on it, not that I sand his nail with it.)
(wow, I really didn't know it's that dark... I'll take new ones sometime and update this post...)

That's probably it. Oh ya, and I bought a proportional thermostat "Herpstat". Seems real easy to use. I'll go get heat emitter and set it up soon. Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade. (Spike doesn't even care. I am the excited one)

1 comment:

smallmo said...

he is so cute!!