Monday, October 26, 2009

Spike - Since Oct. 8th

Having been so busy lately, I didn't have time to update things about Spike.

He is 344g now. I worried for a little bit, but since he'll be 3 month for less than a week, I guess he's not too fat. Plus, he runs on the wheel ever night, he's probably more fit than fat. (I hope)

Just when I thought I got he's trust when he was 2 month old, one day an accident happened. I was handling him like usually, and I put him on my lap while I was getting something. I didn't know what happened, maybe he scared himself or he sneezed (?), he backed up a little and rolled down my lap. He immediately rolled into a ball and that was the first time I heard him make the clicking sound. Ever since that, he has been very cautious and there were several days I can't really hold him. Any little movement will cause him to roll into a ball and make clicking sound. Now that he's been better (I guess I can say within a relatively short time period, but surely doesn't feel so the first few days.) Now I know I not only have to be careful don't make any mistake myself, I also have to beware of his mistake that might hurt or upset him. Overall he's a good boy I think. Now he's just more cautious. But he will still sleep in my hand if I hold him during his bed time.

Spike is an interesting guy. (This is probably an interesting line...)
A few days ago, I put a mealworm beetle (well, mealworms grew up...) in front of him. He smelled it, but didn't eat it. That was weird to me. While I was holding him in my left hand and ready to put him back to his house, I decided to try it again. So this time, he was in my left hand and the beetle was in my right. And he ate it! I wonder why. I guess he just doesn't pick anything random from the ground to eat?! No idea.

No comments: