Monday, December 28, 2009

Annika


Gonna Blog about this two-year-old girl.
Part of the reason why I drove 8.5 hours to visit (and 8.5 hours back)
She's got the cutest eyes and rich facial expression.

She's very sweet.
When her mom parks the car, she asks: "You got it?"
When her grandma yawns, she asks: "You tired?"
When someone cough, she asks: "You OK?"
Often when you show her pictures of her, she says: "Sweet"
But when you ask her if she is pretty, cute or sweet, she says no.
I guess she has a weird concept for pretty.
She said that my glass-cleaning cloth is pretty.


She's got opinion already.
When her mom helped her put on the cute pink dress, she cried like something horrible happened.
But if you can distract her with something else, she'll forget that thing is on her until next time she has to put it on again.


She loves raisins and adores apple and orange too, I suppose.
If she loves you enough or if you are lucky enough, she might share some with you.
One time I peeled an orange for myself but gave it to her cause she wanted it.
I asked her to give me some (and even faked crying), but she just smiled and said no.
But after I believe it's never gonna happen, she gave me the last piece.
Smiling still.

It is very interesting to hang out with her.
One morning she shared quite a bit of her raisins with me even without me asking.
The only thing I said was: "Yummy?"
She just kept sharing and I was truly happily surprised.
Later on, she asked for more raisins.
So after getting her mother's approval, I handed her some more.
She smiled at me and said "thank you".
Man, it could melt your heart.


I believe she likes when the little boy, Luke Daniel comes to visit.
When he walked in, she pulled the toy over and sit at one side of it while asking him to sit at the other side.
When he was crying for his mother, she even pet him and said: "Don't cry." Also, she copied me saying: "she'll be back."
But then, when they start playing together, they always want the same thing at the same time.
There will be some arguing and none stopping "Mine!"
Maybe as her mom said, it's a love-hate relationship.


Although every baby has their cranky time, Annika does know how to be delightful.
Wherever she is, you can just constantly hear people say "how cute."
When we went to the bookstore, she said "Thank you" to the guy who held the door for us.
When we were at the restaurant, she says "hi" to the waitresses and people at the tables around us.
Oh, I said that also because I got my goodbye hug.

3 comments:

Danielle Singing Chin said...

Aw.....how cute...I wished I could be there.

Unknown said...

I cannot believe you are blogging about her. Hahaha...can I show my sis this page? How do I do it?

Jane Chu said...

Of course. Maybe you can just give her the link. I'll email you the link then.