Friday, September 25, 2009

Spike - Accommodation 住處

This is going to be a bilingual post. Not exact translation tho.
這會是一篇雙語的post(有特別的需要). 可是不會是直接的翻譯.

This post is for the purpose of obtaining professional advice from a (or two?) hedgehog-housing expert.
寫這篇是為了請示一位(還是兩位?)高明的建築師的意見.

"Expert" is definitely not an exaggeration.
用"高明"兩字絕對不誇張.
Let me paste the link to the works from the expert(s):
給各位看看這位大師的成品:
http://blog.xuite.net/sesame.lao/blog/19393855
http://blog.xuite.net/sesame.lao/blog/20830750
http://blog.xuite.net/sesame.lao/blog/23663889
(If you can't read it, you can still look at the pictures)

How awesome is that! Two floors is awesome enough, and there is even more.
超酷. 兩層樓就夠酷了. 還有更多層的.

Here is Spike's house:



This is already the Nth version of it.
這已經不知道是第幾版的了.
I kept changing the arrangement of his "furniture."
我一直在改變他"家具"的排列.
He hasn't fully learn to use only the restroom for his excretion.
他還沒學會只在廁所"方便".
I am guessing part of the reason might be that I kept changing things around.
我想我一直改變相對位置可能是學不會的其中一個原因.
From now on I am gonna keep this arrangement so he'll have a chance to get use to it.
現在我要維持這樣的安排好讓他有機會習慣.
Hope he'll be potty trained soon...
希望他能趕快學會在定點上廁所...

Although I did think about giving him a two-floor mansion. I am having second thoughts.
雖然我之前想要給他蓋個兩層樓的別墅. 不過我現在還是決定算了.
He doesn't really need more space right now.
他現在似乎並不太需要.
The only things that he does are eat, sleep and run on the wheel. (Oh, and excrete)
他平常除了吃就是睡, 不然就是跑滾輪. (喔 對 還有排泄)
I bought him a plastic ball but he never play with it.
我幫他買的塑膠球他也不玩.
He's not even interested in toilet paper rolls like how "regular hedgehogs" do. (He's special :P)
甚至對"一般刺蝟"都玩的衛生紙捲也沒興趣 (大概他很特別 :P)
So, he doesn't really need more room right now.
所以他現在其實不需要更多的空間了.

It seemed to me that the reason why he pooed in his bedroom is that he has "privacy".
他之前會在睡房大便似乎是因為他可以享有他的"隱私".
Hedgehogs like to be covered. That's why I build a roof for his restroom.
刺蝟喜歡有遮蔽, 所以我為他的廁所蓋了個屋頂.
And it appears to me that he often poo while he eats...
然後他似乎很愛一邊吃飯一邊排解...
Also, when he's sleepy, he doesn't wanna go too far to poo.
加上他睡眼惺忪的時候不喜歡跑太遠去大便
That is why his restroom is now between he's bedroom and food bowl.
所以他的廁所在睡房跟飯碗中間

The only modification left is to make his bedroom heavier so he won't move it all over the place.
現在唯一剩下的改變就是讓他的睡房重一點, 他才不能把它推來推去.
I don't want him ruin all my good intentions.
我不想他把我的完美計畫破壞了.
Any thought how to make his bedroom heavier and still Spike-proof? Hedgehog-proof I mean.
有沒有人可以提供一些把睡房加重卻依舊安全的點子呢?


(Old picture of Spike. I don't have a lot of them, so one picture a post)

2 comments:

麻荖 said...

稱為大師或專家實在是不敢當啊!
依個人的淺見認為,床鋪應該放在最右邊緊靠牆壁,
而食盆與水瓶放置於廣場中間。
當然,妳也可以試試看將食盆及水瓶靠近床鋪,
這樣,他睡到一半出來覓食的時候,會比較方便。
把握一個原則,空間區隔應該大而清楚,
個人認為,床鋪放在中間起不了區隔的作用,
而且兩邊又都有木屑,很容易被視為是一整個區塊,
而導致遍地是"黃金"。
不知道妳之前做過哪些嘗試,
說不定我提供的方法也是無效,呵呵~。
不過妳說的沒錯,的確需要給他一點時間適應環境。

Jane Chu said...

食物放在床舖旁邊絕對不行
因為他都一邊吃一邊拉
這樣他會懶得出門拉 就在床舖拉

我是想說睡覺的地方用木屑
拉屎的地方用貓砂
看來也是沒什麼用....

我已經照您的建議把床舖放在最右邊了