Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spike - The Name

Spike. I like this name. I think it's perfect for a hedgehog.

It didn't take me long to think of the name. If I remember correctly, the minute that I decide to adopt a hedgie as pet (which is maybe more than a year before I actually got one) this name just came to me naturally. It surprised me when the breeder said that Spike is her first hedgehog baby that was named Spike. I thought a lot of people will think of that since it just totally makes sense (to me at least.)

Apparently, Sonic is one of the most popular name for hedgies. Well, that is totally understandable. The famous Sonic of course. That was my first video game.
The thing I didn't know is that Shadow is one of the character too.

Even so, I still thought Spike would be a popular name for hedgehogs. I was happy to hear the breeder confirm the uniqueness of the name.

When I was trying to create this blog, I tried:
http://spike.blogspot.com
But there is already a blog with that name exists (and totally nothing about hedgehog.)
I also thought of using a more formal name:
http://spikethehedgehog.blogspot.com
And that blog also already existed!!!
I checked the website, thinking that the name Spike is not really all that unique for hedgies. But I don't see any post on that blog, nothing at all. I wonder if the blog owner also had a hedgie called Spike. I would love to get to know him (I am guessing Ty is his name?) and tell him: Great mind think alike. (LOL)

Anyways, you can tell I really like the name Spike. Very cool for a male hedgie.
Especially for a handsome one. :)

2 comments:

Danielle Singing Chin said...

I like Spike's name too. I think it's unique.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute Jane!
~Becky Waggener